Monday, July 20, 2009

This girl i went to high school with was in the shop again today. She’s been in a few times and has had to tell me we went to school together every time, like i remember everyone i went to high school with geez.
So today she decides to tell me i was a bitch in high school. A pretty, fit, bitch who hung out with all the hot bitchy girls, and acted all better then everyone. I was kinda shocked, i only replied with ‘was i?’ when what i really wanted to say was, wow you don’t know me at all.
It’s weird hearing how other people perceive you, especially from so long ago. I always thought i was the middle of the road type, got along with everyone, but hung out with no one. I severed my ties with the ‘popular’ girls before grade nine started. I entered high school with three friends, left with five and now i’m down to one. Growing up i spent most of my time alone in my room writing or drawing, listening to music. I never had a real best friend till grade 9, all previous friendships i'd been the 3rd wheel best friend, so i’ve always felt awkward. Sports on the other hand, that something i was good at. I enjoyed keeping busy as a youngster, and i thought i would make some friends through sports, i never did. I was fit cause i was active. I was pretty cause that’s just the way i am, even though like most girls, i have crippling self imagine issues. As for ‘acting all better then everyone’, well that's just something i've always done, because it’s true.

No comments:

Post a Comment